Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Resolutions

It's that time again...time to figure out what resolutions I plan on making for the new year! Last year my goal was to get healthy and lose weight and I've done exactly that! I'm down 65lbs. and have never felt better!!! I still have 45lbs. to go to reach my big goal of losing 110lbs. in total, but I don't fret because I know I'll get there in time!

I've thought long and hard about what to do for 2011.  Back in early December I really felt like God was calling me to go completely out of my comfort zone.  After a lot of prayer and fasting, I have decided to push forward with the calling and run my first ever race in 2011!!! I am vowing to run a 10K this year folks! I can run about 3 miles right now before wanting to collapse so I've got a lot of training to do if I'm going to make it 6.2 miles!!! I'm not looking to be the winner of the race, I simply want to finish it! I keep joking that the finish line may not even be in place by the time I get to it, but I will FINISH nonetheless!!! 

This could very well be the biggest resolution I have ever taken on in my life!!! My plan is to run the race some time towards the end of the year. My hope is that by stepping up my training I'll reach my goal weight and then start a new goal weight! Time will tell.  I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on my progress throughout the year.  

So, what are some of your resolutions for 2011???

2 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a wonderful goal! I am so proud of you for losing weight and getting healthy! I look forward to following your progress. My goal this year is to get more organized!

Unknown said...

I wish you lived closer. I need a work out buddy. Someone to help keep me on track. Doing it alone is almost impossible.